For the past decade, early adopters of cloud technology have reaped the benefit of migrating their workload from data centre to the cloud. Now, as large enterprises have witnessed how cloud technology can drive innovation within an organization, it has become an easier task for CTOs to convince the upper management and have their mission-critical applications hosted in the cloud.
Jeff Atkins, Senior Director of Product Management and Chief Architect of the irms|360 Enterprise Cloud Warehouse Management System, said that “it’s inevitable for larger, more complexed organizations to keep ahead of the competition without making the move to the cloud”, and if you’re still sitting on the fence, then here are a few more stats & trends for you to consider joining the other side.
10 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Watch Out For In Year 2018 And Near Future
1. It’s estimated that more than 60% of an organization’s IT infrastructures will be on the cloud by year 2018.
2. Amazon witnessed y-o-y growth of 68% with AWS, and it’s expected to grow dramatically by 2018.
3. Organizations based in the United Stats are allocating $1.77M for cloud spending in 2017, compared to $1.30M for international organizations.
4. By 2020, it’s estimated that 67% of enterprise infrastructure and software will be for cloud-based offerings.
5. As things are getting more and more digital, by year 2022 it’s predicted that 75% of enterprise-generated data will be generated and processed outside of legacy infrastructure, a substantial increase from today’s less than 10%.
6. Software as a Service (SaaS) remains as the primary as-a-service solution, comprised of nearly two thirds of all public cloud spending in 2017 and estimated to reach 60% by 2020.
7. The cloud is the new normal for enterprises, as 70% of all organizations have at least one of their apps hosted in the cloud.
8. Major cloud providers such as Amazon, Google, & Microsoft, are set to capture 76% of all cloud platform revenue in the year of 2018, with the percentage predicted to increase to 80% by 2020.
9. 28% of organization’s total IT budgets is allocated for cloud computing by year 2018.
10. Cloud migration in private cloud is higher than public and hybrid clouds, and it may reach 60% by year 2018.
For more information on how SAFEHOUSE can help your business to save cost while enjoy the scalability that comes with cloud computing services, get in touch with our team now!